Do some background research on Joan of Arc. What do you think is the most fascinating thing or fact about her? Do you think if Joan of Arc were alive today she would make as big of an impact on the world if the circumstances were the same?
There is no doubt in my mind that Joan of Arc was an amazing,fearless,and good woman. She was highly religious and determined which helped her make an impact on the world. I don't believe that she deserved to die, let alone die in such a harsh way. In my opinion the most fascinating fact about Joan of Arc was the fact that although she was a very young woman, she began leading French armies to many important victories during the Hundred Years War. I find that fascinating because during that time it was very un-common for a woman, let alone a teenage girl to be involved in things such as leading wars. She was not afraid to stand up for what she believed in.
I do believe to a certain extent if Joan of Arc were alive today she would have made a big impact on the world if the circumstnces were the same. I think if she wouldn't have been killed and had more time to continue doing what she was doing numerous places in the world would be a lot different. I believe if Joan wouldn't have been killed we would have had woman standing up for certain things a lot sooner then what they did. I also think Joan would have had both a good and bad influence on today's world if still alive. Because of the belief that she was using witchcraft, I think she would have caused many wars and fighting and eventually would have died anyways because of someone thinking she was possesed by the devil just as what happend before. But on the other hand, those who believe she was truely experiencing visions from God, would have followed along with what she was doing and maybe caused some positive things to happen. However, you have woman who are willing to do things as Joan of Arc did all of the time. It is more common for woman to fight for their rights and beliefs. When you look at it from that point of view then she wouldn't have really had that big of an impact at all because she wouldn't really be standing out due to many other brave woman that we have just like her in todays society. Below I have inluded a video giving you an insight on Joan of Arc, and how she died: (Joan Being Killed): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5EIsrZuczk&feature=related
Raven Wooten First of all you have to know who Joan of Arc was. Here is a short video biography of her that helps explain who she was and why she is such an admired part of history. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrkYQIRJWCE&feature=related But the real troubling thing is, how in the world do I pick a favorite of the things she did and accomplished. She what very independent strong women wants to be honestly she is Girl Power in its strongest form. She gives inspiration to young women because she first heard the voices of god at only the age of 13 and bade the voices will at only the age of 16 and went into battle at 17!She was an individual, and dressed as a man. This was very unusual for someone to do in that time, much less for a virgin woman to do. The virgin part being the ‘in thing’ for back in the day. If you were unmarried and not a virgin you would be highly shunned for it. I love how she predicted she would be shot with an arrow in the chest and the fact that it actually happened AFTER she said. This event being recorded multiple times by completely different people. I love how she never gave up that she always got back up and continued fighting, and how she always always stuck to her beliefs. She is as she should be a role model for most women and young women today. Joan of Arc was really and truly a leader. Not only in battle but in as example as well. Despite how Joan died. I believe is she were still alive and the circumstances were the same she would still make a huge impact. As a matter of fact even if the circumstances were different. Because of the bottom line that Jehanne d’Arc was someone who was strong and never gave up. She had so much passion for what she was doing that it would have an impact on anyone. Whether it be metaphorically or if it be true for someone going off into war today.
I think the most fascinating thing about Joan of Arc is that she lead French armies to many victories during her short time. It is very odd because she was a young woman which in that time was very rare for her to be leading armies.
I think Joan of Arc would have a big impact on the world if she were still alive. She would be a role model to women who might think twice about doing something just because they are a woman. On the other hand she could also have a negative impact because she was having visions and no one has visions anymore. This would cause a lot of religiuos conflict and also people might think that she is crazy which could cause many problems.
Alandria, i thought that you made great points such as how she would have a big influence on the role of women if she were still alive. It is also a good point of how some would think that she is possessed and that would have a negative influence on the world.
I felt that I was just reading my work over again! I wish you would have elaborated a little more and been a little more original. Other then that I think you did an okay job.
Very well done! I loved how you included the video in order to give readers a background view of Joan of Arc. You were very opinionated which in this case was awesome. I loved the facts you presented and I agree with you from start to finish! Again I must say, Well done :)
I personally think the most fascinating thing about Joan of Arc is that she was so young, but achieved one of the greatest acts in History. She symbolized how strong a woman could be, and how young a person could be to accomplish the goals that she accomplished. Knowing all the odds were stacked against her being a woman in that time era, and having to be a youngster is fascinating.
I most certainly do think that if Joan of Arc was here today that she would definitely impact the world. More women, I think, would participate in such acts that a man would do. Like being a big leader of an Army, or having more suggestions from a woman’s stand point in the Government.
I do see your view point, from were Joan of Arc could bring Negativity if she where here today and I agree. But I also want to add that if she where here, that it would cause a major religion crash, and that most of the regions today wouldn't be here, because of the followers that followed her.
The most fascinating things that about Joan is that she lead the french to many victories and she was only a peasant at that
I think Joan would have a big influence on the world today if the circumstances were the same because she was a peasant and wasn't very rich or had money and that would probably inspire women that just because your poor doesn't mean you can't achieve greatness. Joan was courageous and religious I think because of that she would have many followers but she says she has visions I think people would disagree with that and start to think she's crazy so you would have religious conflict.
I agree with Clayton about how she would have a negative impact on the religion because she saw visions I could see how there would be a problem but she would have a big influence on how to make people stand out and just because your not known by anyone doesn't mean you can't be great.
I think the most fascinating thing about Joan of Arc is that she did all of the stuff she did at a young age,how someone could lead like she did at such a young age is amazing, however I don't think she could have the impact she did back then today because of all the advancements.
Joan of Arc in my opinion's most fascinating fact is that she is a woman tactician who led a French army to so many victories and is determined to do things that normal women or men can't even comprehend on doing.
She is very religious and was a very profound and good woman even though she had some faults. She was a little crazy but she knew what she believed in and stuck to that. She always stood up for herself and she never backed down from anyone and if she fall, then that would make her even more determined to get back up and try again until she get what she needs.
If Joan of Arc was here today the world would be a whole lot different. She never gave up no matter what the situation was, so that means that all of this war wouldn't be going on right now because of all of that determination, dignity, and courage she has. People would also try to take her for granted because she a woman but don't let the looks fool you because she is a powerful woman. She would also teach other young women ways to stand up for themselves and to help them build courage. She would be a good and bad religious leader for all women and some men.
The most fascinating thing about Joan of Arc in my opinion is the fact that she Ed able to predict where to attack and still lead them to victory as a young woman. Being a woman that is highly ranked in the military today is impressive and rare but back then it was unheard of, she is the main reason France did as well as they did in the war.
If Joan of Arc was alive today I think she would have a huge impact on he country she lived in both military wise and role model wise. She would be a great commander in any current day army and is definately a role model for young people around the world especially young women. She has proven that no matter how young you are f your good at something you will succeed.
First off, here is a very brief idea of who Joan of Arc is. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gX8o6QB1FSk
She was born in 1412 and is considered a "national heroine of France and a Catholic saint." She believed to have visions from God and led the French army to many victories during the Hundred Years' Wars. Joan of Arc cut her hair boylike and dressed like a man to disguise herself. The amazing thing about all this is that she was only 17! She was just a young woman, but was leading an entire army to battles. This is incredible and shows how strong she really was. I also find it interesting how religious she was and how she believed to have visions from God. I, personally, believe in God and can easily see how he could have guided her through her short, but eventful, life. No doubt, if she was alive today, she would be making changes and speaking out about her opinions. Regardless of the time period, Joan of Arc was a very strong woman and she fought for what she felt, which is why I know if she were here now she'd continue to stand up for her beliefs.
v St. Joan of Arc is one of the most honored saints in the Catholic religion; she was a religious figure with a political message. Still, she was burned at the stake as a heretic. The most fascinating fact about her is how she led the French in their victory over England in the 100 Years War, and regained the throne to King Charles VII. Her military skill earned her the gratitude of the French people, but political intrigue united to defame her. As a woman involved in male military activities, she was exposed to blames of heresy, and she paid the final price for her gender transgressions. v By taking a look at today’s society, we can all see how bad the Politics and many other Government issues are. If St. Joan of Arc were still alive today, I believe she would have definitely made a huge impact on the world if the circumstances were the same. Joan would have served as a great role model for other women encouraging them to be brave and have self-confidence just like she. Women could possibly be able to have more leadership in the Government; more women would be involved in male military activities, and simply stand up to defend their rights. v I’ve included a video in which St. Joan’s complete biography is shown: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXhG5i_jPEs
Aaron, I really liked how you pointed out that St. Joan of Arc was a peasant and even though she was poor, she still achieved greatness by becoming a very important leader for the French. If she was still alive, this would certainly be a greater chance of encouragement for women today because they would clearly see that just because she was poor it didn’t mean she wasn’t going to achieve her desired goal, but she did. Therefore, great point!!
Alandria even though I disagree with how Joan would not have had a big impact I must say that I like the fact that you thought outside of the box and had a different view of the question. Though I must say that even though we have alot of role models like her today I still thin she would have had a big impact especially on the younger society because of her age and her personality which is alot different than most young celebrities today.
A little crazy? What made her crazy? Do you think that standing up for what she believed in is crazy? Your post was going well but you sort of lost me there with that statement.
In response to katies post, I love how you included how she believed in God, I disagree though about how she would have an impact in today's society, as you can see in my response. But overall you did a good job.
I agree that it was an incredible thing that she was only 17 and she dressed like a boy to disguise herself. She did indeed lead the French Army to many victories like you said.
To me the most fascinating thing is the fact that she was so young when she began fighting and all of that. She was just 17 when she bagan fighting. And she also chose to be herself, even though she ended up being killed for it in the end. They gave her the chance to change her ways and be spared, but she stayed true to her beliefs and refused to change.
There is no doubt in my mind that Joan of Arc was an amazing,fearless,and good woman. She was highly religious and determined which helped her make an impact on the world. I don't believe that she deserved to die, let alone die in such a harsh way. In my opinion the most fascinating fact about Joan of Arc was the fact that although she was a very young woman, she began leading French armies to many important victories during the Hundred Years War. I find that fascinating because during that time it was very un-common for a woman, let alone a teenage girl to be involved in things such as leading wars. She was not afraid to stand up for what she believed in.
ReplyDeleteI do believe to a certain extent if Joan of Arc were alive today she would have made a big impact on the world if the circumstnces were the same. I think if she wouldn't have been killed and had more time to continue doing what she was doing numerous places in the world would be a lot different. I believe if Joan wouldn't have been killed we would have had woman standing up for certain things a lot sooner then what they did. I also think Joan would have had both a good and bad influence on today's world if still alive. Because of the belief that she was using witchcraft, I think she would have caused many wars and fighting and eventually would have died anyways because of someone thinking she was possesed by the devil just as what happend before. But on the other hand, those who believe she was truely experiencing visions from God, would have followed along with what she was doing and maybe caused some positive things to happen. However, you have woman who are willing to do things as Joan of Arc did all of the time. It is more common for woman to fight for their rights and beliefs. When you look at it from that point of view then she wouldn't have really had that big of an impact at all because she wouldn't really be standing out due to many other brave woman that we have just like her in todays society.
Below I have inluded a video giving you an insight on Joan of Arc, and how she died:
(Joan Being Killed): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5EIsrZuczk&feature=related
Raven Wooten
ReplyDeleteFirst of all you have to know who Joan of Arc was. Here is a short video biography of her that helps explain who she was and why she is such an admired part of history.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrkYQIRJWCE&feature=related
But the real troubling thing is, how in the world do I pick a favorite of the things she did and accomplished. She what very independent strong women wants to be honestly she is Girl Power in its strongest form. She gives inspiration to young women because she first heard the voices of god at only the age of 13 and bade the voices will at only the age of 16 and went into battle at 17!She was an individual, and dressed as a man. This was very unusual for someone to do in that time, much less for a virgin woman to do. The virgin part being the ‘in thing’ for back in the day. If you were unmarried and not a virgin you would be highly shunned for it. I love how she predicted she would be shot with an arrow in the chest and the fact that it actually happened AFTER she said. This event being recorded multiple times by completely different people. I love how she never gave up that she always got back up and continued fighting, and how she always always stuck to her beliefs. She is as she should be a role model for most women and young women today. Joan of Arc was really and truly a leader. Not only in battle but in as example as well.
Despite how Joan died. I believe is she were still alive and the circumstances were the same she would still make a huge impact. As a matter of fact even if the circumstances were different. Because of the bottom line that Jehanne d’Arc was someone who was strong and never gave up. She had so much passion for what she was doing that it would have an impact on anyone. Whether it be metaphorically or if it be true for someone going off into war today.
Clayton Hughes
ReplyDeleteI think the most fascinating thing about Joan of Arc is that she lead French armies to many victories during her short time. It is very odd because she was a young woman which in that time was very rare for her to be leading armies.
I think Joan of Arc would have a big impact on the world if she were still alive. She would be a role model to women who might think twice about doing something just because they are a woman. On the other hand she could also have a negative impact because she was having visions and no one has visions anymore. This would cause a lot of religiuos conflict and also people might think that she is crazy which could cause many problems.
Clayton Hughes
ReplyDeleteAlandria, i thought that you made great points such as how she would have a big influence on the role of women if she were still alive. It is also a good point of how some would think that she is possessed and that would have a negative influence on the world.
In Response to Clayton,
ReplyDeleteI felt that I was just reading my work over again! I wish you would have elaborated a little more and been a little more original. Other then that I think you did an okay job.
In Response to Raven:
ReplyDeleteVery well done! I loved how you included the video in order to give readers a background view of Joan of Arc. You were very opinionated which in this case was awesome. I loved the facts you presented and I agree with you from start to finish! Again I must say, Well done :)
I personally think the most fascinating thing about Joan of Arc is that she was so young, but achieved one of the greatest acts in History. She symbolized how strong a woman could be, and how young a person could be to accomplish the goals that she accomplished. Knowing all the odds were stacked against her being a woman in that time era, and having to be a youngster is fascinating.
ReplyDeleteI most certainly do think that if Joan of Arc was here today that she would definitely impact the world. More women, I think, would participate in such acts that a man would do. Like being a big leader of an Army, or having more suggestions from a woman’s stand point in the Government.
In Response to Clayton's Comment:
ReplyDeleteI do see your view point, from were Joan of Arc could bring Negativity if she where here today and I agree. But I also want to add that if she where here, that it would cause a major religion crash, and that most of the regions today wouldn't be here, because of the followers that followed her.
The most fascinating things that about Joan is that she lead the french to many victories and she was only a peasant at that
ReplyDeleteI think Joan would have a big influence on the world today if the circumstances were the same because she was a peasant and wasn't very rich or had money and that would probably inspire women that just because your poor doesn't mean you can't achieve greatness. Joan was courageous and religious I think because of that she would have many followers but she says she has visions I think people would disagree with that and start to think she's crazy so you would have religious conflict.
http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F&gl=US#/watch?v=CUZ9huQLXAs
I agree with Clayton about how she would have a negative impact on the religion because she saw visions I could see how there would be a problem but she would have a big influence on how to make people stand out and just because your not known by anyone doesn't mean you can't be great.
ReplyDeleteI think the most fascinating thing about Joan of Arc is that she did all of the stuff she did at a young age,how someone could lead like she did at such a young age is amazing, however I don't think she could have the impact she did back then today because of all the advancements.
ReplyDeleteJoan of Arc in my opinion's most fascinating fact is that she is a woman tactician who led a French army to so many victories and is determined to do things that normal women or men can't even comprehend on doing.
ReplyDeleteShe is very religious and was a very profound and good woman even though she had some faults. She was a little crazy but she knew what she believed in and stuck to that. She always stood up for herself and she never backed down from anyone and if she fall, then that would make her even more determined to get back up and try again until she get what she needs.
If Joan of Arc was here today the world would be a whole lot different. She never gave up no matter what the situation was, so that means that all of this war wouldn't be going on right now because of all of that determination, dignity, and courage she has. People would also try to take her for granted because she a woman but don't let the looks fool you because she is a powerful woman. She would also teach other young women ways to stand up for themselves and to help them build courage. She would be a good and bad religious leader for all women and some men.
The most fascinating thing about Joan of Arc in my opinion is the fact that she Ed able to predict where to attack and still lead them to victory as a young woman. Being a woman that is highly ranked in the military today is impressive and rare but back then it was unheard of, she is the main reason France did as well as they did in the war.
ReplyDeleteIf Joan of Arc was alive today I think she would have a huge impact on he country she lived in both military wise and role model wise. She would be a great commander in any current day army and is definately a role model for young people around the world especially young women. She has proven that no matter how young you are f your good at something you will succeed.
In response to Alandria's response
ReplyDeleteIt was very long but very good. You definitely put a lot of effort into finding out all you could about Joan of Arc. Good job!
First off, here is a very brief idea of who Joan of Arc is.
ReplyDeletehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gX8o6QB1FSk
She was born in 1412 and is considered a "national heroine of France and a Catholic saint."
She believed to have visions from God and led the French army to many victories during the Hundred Years'
Wars. Joan of Arc cut her hair boylike and dressed like a man to disguise herself. The amazing thing about all
this is that she was only 17! She was just a young woman, but was leading an entire army to battles. This is
incredible and shows how strong she really was. I also find it interesting how religious she was and how she
believed to have visions from God. I, personally, believe in God and can easily see how he could have guided
her through her short, but eventful, life. No doubt, if she was alive today, she would be making changes and
speaking out about her opinions. Regardless of the time period, Joan of Arc was a very strong woman and
she fought for what she felt, which is why I know if she were here now she'd continue to stand up for her beliefs.
v St. Joan of Arc is one of the most honored saints in the Catholic religion; she was a religious figure with a political message. Still, she was burned at the stake as a heretic. The most fascinating fact about her is how she led the French in their victory over England in the 100 Years War, and regained the throne to King Charles VII. Her military skill earned her the gratitude of the French people, but political intrigue united to defame her. As a woman involved in male military activities, she was exposed to blames of heresy, and she paid the final price for her gender transgressions.
ReplyDeletev By taking a look at today’s society, we can all see how bad the Politics and many other Government issues are. If St. Joan of Arc were still alive today, I believe she would have definitely made a huge impact on the world if the circumstances were the same. Joan would have served as a great role model for other women encouraging them to be brave and have self-confidence just like she. Women could possibly be able to have more leadership in the Government; more women would be involved in male military activities, and simply stand up to defend their rights.
v I’ve included a video in which St. Joan’s complete biography is shown: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXhG5i_jPEs
Aaron, I really liked how you pointed out that St. Joan of Arc was a peasant and even though she was poor, she still achieved greatness by becoming a very important leader for the French. If she was still alive, this would certainly be a greater chance of encouragement for women today because they would clearly see that just because she was poor it didn’t mean she wasn’t going to achieve her desired goal, but she did. Therefore, great point!!
ReplyDeleteRaven's Peer Comments:
ReplyDeleteAlandria even though I disagree with how Joan would not have had a big impact I must say that I like the fact that you thought outside of the box and had a different view of the question. Though I must say that even though we have alot of role models like her today I still thin she would have had a big impact especially on the younger society because of her age and her personality which is alot different than most young celebrities today.
In reply to Raven's response to me:
ReplyDeleteGood Point!
In Response to Donald:
ReplyDeleteA little crazy? What made her crazy? Do you think that standing up for what she believed in is crazy? Your post was going well but you sort of lost me there with that statement.
In response to katies post, I love how you included how she believed in God, I disagree though about how she would have an impact in today's society, as you can see in my response. But overall you did a good job.
ReplyDelete@Katie Lewis
ReplyDeleteI agree that it was an incredible thing that she was only 17 and she dressed like a boy to disguise herself. She did indeed lead the French Army to many victories like you said.
To me the most fascinating thing is the fact that she was so young when she began fighting and all of that. She was just 17 when she bagan fighting. And she also chose to be herself, even though she ended up being killed for it in the end. They gave her the chance to change her ways and be spared, but she stayed true to her beliefs and refused to change.
ReplyDeleteAaron I like the way you point out that even at her young age she led the French army to battle and actually did well, i agree with your opinions
ReplyDelete